Latest

How to use external hard drive for Android phone

Before 160 GB hard disk was enough for us but now 1 TB also looks small in modern pc now these days. Especially for collection makers like games, picture, movies, software’s, video and music etc. they store their favorite stuff in their hard disk. Same things goes for android users they also love to store new apps and games. I also love to download new apps and games from android stuff even if I don’t open them once. I just love to download my tablet and phone 24/7 download something.
android hard disk
Read More: Use Expandable Memory On No Memory Slot Android Devices
I am sure I am not alone many of you does the same. I don’t think 32GB enough now on android as well. So how we can expand it? We can expand it if we have external hard disk. I know not all android phone support USB hosting. But new phones supports USB host. But not all android phone comes with USB port. You need to buy one OTG cable compatible to your phone from any local or online store but make sure your phone should support USB connection. If it does then follow my instruction below

Requirement

  1. External hard disk
  2. OTG cable
If you have both the required stuff then just connect your OTG cable with android phone and connect external hard disk with OTG cable. If your external hard disk has partition and formatted in NTFS/HFS+ format. Then I don’t think your android will mount this hard disk but don’t worry you still have few tweak which can works for you. You can install Paragon from Google play store if your phone has root access. If not just try to format your external hard disk in fat32 format with pc but make sure you save your all important data before formatting your external hard disk.

Subscribe To Get FREE Tutorials!

Comment your suggestion, problem or Question